Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Quotes & Chants of the Week

"I am very happy at Inter. I am not happy in Italian football - because I don't like it and they don't like me. Simple."
Jose Mourinho does his best meerkat impression to express his distaste with football Italia.

"In terms of finishing fourth, on that performance we wouldn't finish 44th."
A rueful Martin O'Neill following Aston Villa's 7-1 drubbing by Chelsea.

"The tracksuit top might be a decent souvenir but I doubt if my reading glasses would be any good to someone else."
Plymouth boss Paul Mariner, who threw his top into the crowd after returning to former club Ipswich, but forgot the glasses were in the pocket.

"His movement for his goal was unbelievable, he was at the right place at the
right time. I think he will play until he is 51. That is in two years."
Avram Grant on ancient striker Kanu, who showed there's life in the old dog by scoring the winner against Hull.

"Celtic can still win the Scottish Cup, which would take the gloss off what has been a poor season."
Roddy Forsyth after Celtic's 4-0 drubbing by St Mirren.

"He's got a head like a beach ball!"
Liverpool fans to Sunderland boss Steve Bruce.

"Let's all do the Wenger - la-la-la-la!"
Birmingham fans dance with arms held aloft and gaping mouth after Kevin Phillips' late equaliser against Arsenal.

The Rest

No comments: