Friday, March 30, 2007

Sanford's Premiership Predictions

Liverpool v Arsenal

My Uncle and I bet $10 every time Liverpool and Arsenal play. He’s got Liverpool, I’ve got The Gunners. I’ve been rolling in the green of late. In fact, I can’t remember the last time his Reds beat my Reds. I fear that will change tomorrow.

2-0

Bolton v Sheffield United

I don’t see any problem for Bolton here at the Reebok. United will stay up due to their away form, not their travels. Bolton haven’t won in a spell either and Big Sam will set them straight. Look for Anelka to bag one.

3-1

Charlton v Wigan

A real tough call here so I’ll wimp out and say it’ll be a draw. Both of these teams have ground out some crucial results of late and steadied what were rapidly sinking ships. They may still sink but they’ll go down fighting.

0-0

Fulham v Portsmouth

It’s hard for me to bet against Fulham at The Cottage, whether they’re playing ManU or Portmouth. Portmouth did all their hard work prior to Boxing Day and are now just riding it out.

2-0

Manchester United v Blackburn

This could be an unimportant blip on United’s march to the title. Blackburn have been strong of late and Sir Alex is fielding a wounded side. Sure, John O’Shea has proved he can stick a foot out and win a match but I like Rovers to get a result here. You know Mark Hughes will be up for it.

1-2

Newcastle v Manchester City

Two dreadful sides in this match-up. Newcastle boss Glen Roeder said this week that the Magpies have failure written into their badge. Ouch! But City have been so poor on their travels that I can’t see them claiming anything at St. James’ Park. An Obefemi goal seals it for Newcastle.

2-1

West Ham v Middlesbrough

Boro never inspire confidence and suddenly West Ham are playing with a certain verve. I like them to claim all three at Upton Park.

3-1

Watford v Chelsea

Yawn. Are you kidding?

0-2

Tottenham v Reading

Reading have to be one of the stories of the season but they won’t win at White Hart Lane. Spurs have been terrific at home and I see no reason for that to change here.

3-1

Aston Villa v Everton

A draw seems likely to me. Villa have toughened up and finally seem to be settling into Martin O’Neill’s tenure at the helm and with Mikel Arteta, Everton are always dangerous. If I had to pick one over the other I’d say a home win but something tells me the Toffees will nick one.

1-1

1 comment:

Bobbie BS said...

Bobbie's Pix

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 1
Bolton 2 SheffU 1
Charlton 1 Wigan 0
Fulham 1 Pompey 2
ManYoo 2 Blackburn 2
Newcastle 2 Citeh 0
West Ham 0 Boro 1
Watford 0 Chelski 3
Spurs 2 Reading 2
Villa 1 Everton 1