Thursday, May 05, 2011

Andre Villas-Boas Interview

After all, not only did he seriously consider a career in sports journalism, after he realised he would never be a professional footballer, but he will not be a coach forever. There is a cut-off point.

“Maybe when I am 45 I will make a contract with The Telegraph,” he says. “My main objective in my career is to build something that I am proud of. I don’t want to be in a coaching position for a long time because it’s a position that drains you emotionally.

"It takes a lot from you, from your family and I don’t want to live like that. I want to have a short, 10-12 year career. Fifteen years, maybe, maximum. And then leave. But during that time I want to leave some kind of mark.”

Aged just 33, he has already done that. Villas-Boas scoffs at such talk but he knows he is on a stellar path.

No comments: