Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Quotes & Chants of the Week

"It would be hypocritical of Bridge if he shook hands and made out like they're friends now. If there was a 50-50 challenge that gave me the chance to go over the top and do one on Terry then I would, yes."
Former Arsenal star Perry Groves does his bit for world peace

"I'd have dealt with it by going down to see Terry in private. If that ended up in a fight, then so be it."
But Groves calms down a little later.

"It's me. I'm jinxed."
Shay Given after Man City's FA Cup defeat by Stoke ensured the keeper's long wait for club honours continues.

"It was a penalty, but I like this referee."
Inter Milan's Walter Samuel, who tripped Chelsea's Salomon Kalou in the box but saw the ref wave play on.

"I've done stupid things before when I've had too many sherbets but nothing
like this."
Wales back row forward Andy Powell after his arrest for drink-driving. Police arrested him at a service station - where he went to buy a bar of chocolate and a sandwich - after driving a golf buggy along the M4 motorway.

"
People say 'go with the flow' but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."
Roy Keane when comparing Wayne Bridge's withdrawal from the England squad to his own World Cup exit in 2002.

"We're not very warm!
"We're not very warm!
"We're not very, We're not very,
"We're not very warm!"
Cambridge City fans at a windswept Leamington FC.

The Rest

No comments: