Thursday, October 08, 2009

Quotes & Chants of the Week

"We saw Jaws from James Bond at our hotel. He looks frightening in real life, like in the film. We all had a group photo and he was pretending to choke some of us. He would make a good keeper judging by the size of his hands."
Bristol City goalkeeper Dean Gerken as the team meet an unexpected guest at their hotel in Newcastle.

"It is not just about winning trophies - I can say that in the last five years I have won lots of trophies myself as a human, if you see what I mean, as well as footballing achievements."
Robin van Persie reveals his human side when asked about Arsenal's four-season trophy drought.

"I have my lederhosen ready and I am a party animal so I'm looking forward to the visit."
Bayern Munich manager Louis van Gaal provides a good reason not to visit the famous Oktoberfest beer festival.

"The goals changed the game for us."
Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins after his side went down 2-0 at Forest.

"We don't need no health and safety,
We don't need no ground control,
We're just here to support the Boro
....Hey, stewards, leave our fans alone!"
To the tune of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall, sung at Boro-Reading as fans at the front were told to sit down.

The Rest

No comments: