Friday, July 17, 2009

MLS Report: New York 1 - 3 Los Angeles


Since we're in the middle of the SuperLull I actually turned to this match to try and get a quick footy fix. And I must say, although I never got over the dreadful Giants Stadium turf, the three goals from the assGalaxy were worth my 45-minute investment. It does astonish me, however, that after over 12 years of operating, the league still cannot get at least a semi-attractive field for its marquee weeknight match-up. Any casual fan flipping through the channels would be hardpressed to suffer through the gross picture on FSC and actually enjoy watching the match. Even with three sick (and all three are indeed top-class) strikes in the first half the quality of the turf (and lack of grass) made it an all too ugly an affair to enjoy.

Highlights are here.

Report
Booed Beckham buries the hatchet with Donovan

2 comments:

rfduncan72 said...

I just watched the highlights, that field is another reason why someone like GoldenBalls does not like/want to play in the states. Borderline embarrassing and inviting injury.

The Editor said...

It really is shocking. The MLS brass simply should not allow this to continue to occur, even if it means scheduling these sort of matches in other venues. I felt like I was watching a Houston Oilers game from 1986.