Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Quotes & Chants of the Week

"It is a hard one to take because I thought we were the better team and the score does not reflect that."
Sir Alex Ferguson goes all Comical Ali on us after Manchester United's 4-1 thumping by Liverpool.

"We've got three away games coming up where we cover 1,200 miles in just a few days. If we win all of them, I'll show my backside on Sheffield Town Hall steps."
Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock. Thankfully Burnley did the good people of Sheffield a huge favour.

"I haven't seen a Madrid side this bad since I managed them!"
John Toshack on the Liverpool-Real Madrid match. Quality! He's not wrong either.

"It's an easy excuse (tiredness) but I won't use it. Today was not Andrew Surman's best game for us and I think he is suffering from fatigue like a lot of our players."
Southampton boss Mark Wotte, clearly not using tiredness as an excuse.

"It will be a game of football, no question."
Wolves manager Mick McCarthy, ahead of Wolves v Ipswich on Central Tonight news.

"When the ball hits your head and you sit in row Z, that's Zamora!"
Chant heard at Bolton v Fulham to the tune of 'That's Amore'.

The Rest

No comments: