Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sanford's EPL Predictions Results

Another solid week as I got five correct and four incorrect, with two perfect scores.

The perfect scores were easy enough, with Villa and Pompey in the mix and Sheffield United winning 2-1 at home versus an anemic Charlton. I’m most pleased with my call on the Everton/West Ham clash – barring the late goal that would have been another perfect score.

Sadly, Wigan let me down when I thought they had the goods to hold Liverpool at the JJB. Liverpool took care of their away woes on the back of inspired work by Stevie G and Craig B.

And I came close to calling the draw at the Riverside but ManU’s ability to bounce back got them the deserved three points. I also read the Reading/Bolton fixture quite well. Bolton really get up for the big games but have been lacking against lower opposition. Reading deserved their win at home.

Finally, Arsenal proved me wrong with authority, or was it Spurs that did the same with an authoritative collapse? They were spineless and disorganized – a true Tottenham showing.

This weekend sees the Manchester Derby and Chelsea vs. Arsenal

No comments: