Friday, November 17, 2006

Sanford's Premiership Predictions

Manchester City vs. Fulham

A tough one here but I like City to do the business. Fulham have done far better this term on their travels than last, but it’s high time Psycho’s men got their act together. Barton has been hitting the woodwork and the luck has left his side but this result will give them some hope.

2-1

Portsmouth vs. Watford

I’m thinking a draw here. Watford have been unlucky in that their tenacity and discipline have not translated into the points they could have attained. Portsmouth are tough at home but Fulham scratched out a point on the south coast last weekend and I bank on Watford to do the same.

1-1

Arsenal vs. Newcastle

Newcastle’s house is not in order and things look to get worse for them in North London come Saturday. We all know they’ve got a dodgy defense but what about up front? Where will the goals come from? The Gunners seem to be sorting out their own finishing problem (oddly, by asking their defenders to see to it) and I see a Reading-like romp for them here.

4-0

Reading vs. Charlton

Whatever the reason Charlton gave Dowie the sack, the result won’t be pretty for them on Saturday. I don’t see how any manager can be expected to take over a club that’s been run the same way for over a decade and get his own campaign underway within a few months, but who knows? Maybe Ian is a ranting looney. Regardless, Reading will be relishing this visit.

3-1

Chelsea vs. West Ham

The brain (or what’s left of it) tells me that it’ll be the usual 2-0 stroll for the Blues at the Bridge. My heart says that the Hammers can get a result. My heart wins today.

1-1

Sheffield United vs. Manchester United

The euphoria that has settled in around the Blade side of Sheffield after a win and a draw is set to be ushered out unceremoniously. The Reds are on a real high at the moment and I don’t see them faltering against minnows of the Sheffield United variety. Some of ManU’s men might have their eyes on the clash with Chelsea next week but Sir Alex will make sure they stick to the task at hand.

0-2

Everton vs. Bolton

After last week’s debacle at Reading, I think Big Sam will scare his lads into a win at Goodison Park. Everton have to be shocked at the loss of Cahill and I think it’ll show. I'm still recovering from the video of Cahill's leg twisting -- I don't see how the Everton boys will perform.

1-2

Middlesboro vs. Liverpool

This is a tough one to call. Liverpool are so woeful on the road yet Boro remain the epitome of inconsistency. I’ll stick my neck out and proclaim that a draw will be the result.

2-2

Blackburn vs. Tottenham

Spurs continue to confound. My pal just reminded me that they have Danny Murphy. And Steed’s hanging about. And Edgar Davids. And suddenly forwards who can’t score. Except from the spot, that is. I feel Blackburn were a tad unlucky at Old Trafford last week and at Ewood Park I like their chances. I cannot go with Tottenham until they give me a reason.

2-1

Wigan vs. Aston Villa

Martin O’Neill will take The Villians to the JJB and get a point. That’s all there is to it.

0-0

No comments: