Monday, November 20, 2006

Sanford's EPL Predictions Results

Not as good a showing for me this week, but it could have been worse.


I got five correct, five incorrect, and got one perfect score. The perfect score was the nil-nil draw between Villa and Wigan. No big surprise there. I was flat-out wrong on the Newcastle/Arsenal match as Newcastle got that early goal and it became a question of whether the Gunners would tie or lose. Regardless, not the shellacking I predicted. I was close on the Chelsea/West Ham game. The Hammers could have nicked a point but Chelsea claimed the deserved win. And although it wasn’t a perfect score, I did get the City/Fulham result right. In the end it was an easy win for Pearce’s lads.

I was surprised and impressed by Everton’s result. I really thought they’d lose but instead Arteta inspired them to an important victory. His goal was lovely and if not for Tugay’s strike, would be goal of the week. And there was no surprise in Reading where the Addicks slumped to another defeat to begin the Reed Reign.

Next week? Manchester United and Chelsea clash on Sunday… Sanford

No comments: