Friday, July 14, 2006

Is it over already?

Man, that was quick. Seems like the thing just started. My Cup memories are divided between Over There and Over Here. Over There is trains, stadiums, bars, and orderly masses. Over Here is Digital Video Recorders, High-Definition, and ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 vs. Univision. Since I was Over Here yesterday for the final, I had to chose a location for viewing. Do I go with The Wife to Mr. Wine's house for selected bottles Italian and French and an adequate yet basic television or do I ditch The Wife and join Mr. Sunday Soccer for a trip to his in-laws and their home theater?

I went with the home theater. And I should have brought my camera. The thing was totally Stallone: Over the Top. Not only do the Bells have a home theater, they have a home lobby complete with ticket booth, popcorn maker and refrigerator. Once you exit the lobby and enter the theater, you face a 10-foot screen and eight recliners in two tiered levels of four. It was pretty tite. High-def on a 10-foot screen is pretty unbelievable and made for a fantastic way to close out the tournament. Over There I got my fill of boisterous crowds and screaming Italians and French. Over Here I just wanted a place to focus and enjoy. So big thanks to the Bells and Scott for the kind hospitality. -Sanford

No comments: