Wednesday, May 31, 2006

And People Say Germans Are Not Funny (Part II)

After a lucky win over Japan at home, Klinsmann better come up with some better training than this: http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2028587,00.html

My greatest fear about Germany is that even though they are once again playing poorly before a major international tournament, they are the host country and have a cake walk in Group A. If my money were not already spent on my flight to the Fatherland next month, I'd throw some down on a few repeats of the no-call handball that we saw when Germany faced the USA in 2002. I can guarantee that all the hacks that the Ticos, Poland and Ecuador will be dishing out on the hosts will be called eagerly by the refs in order to set up the set pieces necessary to advance. Don't be surprised to see Germany sheparded into the semis.



No comments: