Friday, September 14, 2007

Martin Rogers Column: Eddie Johnson on Verge of EPL Move


The Wizards and MLS were relieved earlier this year when the Florida native turned down a transfer to Derby County, currently at the bottom of the Premiership standings. However, it now seems as if Johnson feels his time has come and his hunger to prove himself among the best will not be held in check for much longer.

Speaking exclusively to Yahoo! Sports, he said: "The Premiership is my goal; that's my next goal. MLS is great and I am doing well. But the way I have done things in my career I am going to want a change. That is how life is, people change.

2 comments:

Bobbie BS said...

Hmmm. 8 weeks ago when they buyer was Derby County Eddie wanted to stay. Now that the transfer window is closed it's time for him to move on. What changed?

The Editor said...

He's hoping for an offer from someone other than The Rams, I suppose.