Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Maradona set to be confirmed as Argentina coach next week


Diego Maradona will be confirmed as the new Argentina coach next Tuesday, according to the Argentine Football Association national team secretary Luis Segura. Maradona, 47, revealed yesterday he is on the verge of accepting the job and met with the AFA president Julio Grondona last night.


Marcela Mora y Araujo:
A great player doesn't necessarily make a great manager, but El Diego's inspirational presence could bring the most out of potentially the best squad in the world


Tim Vickery:
Is it Maradona's time?

3 comments:

John said...

As a big fan I'm happy for Diego on his appoitment. He deserve his second chance in the National team. I pray that he can deliver us the World Cup.

I'm sure he will get the players respect as many of them have always look up to him. He can be a great motivator in the dressing room. Diego has been my hero since I was 6 years old.

Though I was born in Malaysia, he is my idol. Check the latest posting on my blog. Your comments is always appreciated.

http://mundoalbiceleste.blogspot.com/2008/10/maradona-era-begins.html

Bobbie BS said...

Let's hope he doesn't accidentally eat Messi. If all goes well it'll be an amazing story for all of Argentina, if not it'll be really interesting to see how the FA and the fans handle failure. I guess it can't be any worse than when he was tossed from WC94.

The Editor said...

Argentines will always love Diego, no matter what happens. If the team doesn't perform, it'll be the fault of someone else. I'm excited because Diego is fun to watch, either on the pitch or off. But Dunga was too, so it's all good.

John -- shouldn't your idol be some badminton star? Or what's that sport with the small, hard wicker-like ball that the guys knock back and forth over a net with their feet? That is awesome. That and the spin the heavy metal disk with the rope sport.