Thursday, November 17, 2011

A tracksuit, a seat in the dug out and an Irishman



Ireland fan Conor Cunningham has been telling the incredible story of how he found himself sitting in the best seat at the A. Le Coq Arena for Ireland’s Euro 2012 play-off match with Estonia.

Having travelled to Tallinn without a ticket for the first-leg of the play-off, which Ireland would win 4-0, Cunningham saw his opportunity to gain access to the stadium: “I just spotted an open door and I thought I will stick my head through there but it was just a closed-in room but I found an Estonian tracksuit and I just threw it on,” he has been quoted as saying.

Cunningham put the tracksuit over his Ireland shirt before picking up a bag of balls which he threw over his shoulder: “I just went for it. I didn’t know what to do, to be honest, so I thought I’d better go into the Estonian dug-out.”

No comments: