Monday, June 06, 2011

Said & Done


The 2010-11 awards: The season's best quotes, wages and excuses – plus how Gigi Becali made Satan crazy

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali attacking Rapid Bucharest president Dinu Gheorghe in April as "a filthy jerk. A fat bum. I'm sick of this Gypsy: I'll force him back up his mother"; and issuing a series of frank apologies at Easter to those he insulted this season – rival owners, gay men ("It's their disease, not mine") and fans. Gigi said his purge made him feel "reborn". "And it will make Satan crazy. He hates it when a soul gets cleaner."


August 2010: Larissa Riquelme on her plans after a strong World Cup. "I once made love in a river. It was at night, I was just in the river talking to a man so one thing led to another. But this season I shall only make love in football contexts. You know, this could be my year."

No comments: