Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quotes & Chants of the Week

"Listen, this is a special approach in the Anglo-Saxon countries. If this had happened in, let's say Latin countries, then I think he would have been applauded."
Sepp Blatter's helpful take on the John Terry saga.

"I'm disappointed in Roger Johnson, because when we were coming off he shouted over: 'I'll be drinking the champagne tonight, Sav'. Well, he can swig his Moet but he should know that I've been drinking Dom Perignon for the past 12 years in the Premier League. "Actually, I've not been drinking champagne for the past 12 years, which is why I played in the Premier League for that long and I'm still playing at the age of 35. Once he's played 350 league games at the top, he can go from Moet to the vintage I drink. In fact, I'll buy him a bottle myself."
Derby's Robbie Savage getting confused as to whether he drinks champagne or not following the FA Cup defeat by Birmingham.

"This was a typical Championship game. Both teams had chances, it finished 1-1
And we all go home. Boring."
Ipswich boss Roy Keane after his side's 15th draw of the season, against Middlesbrough.

"Am I that old?"
Patrick Vieira, 33, when asked if he would need a break after playing 90 minutes for Manchester City against Bolton.

"It's really like taking a new girlfriend out - for the first couple of times it is so fresh, but then over a period of time that fades. I'm not saying you don't still love her but it does die down a little bit."
Stoke's Tony Pulis compares their second season in the Premier League to the first.

"Someone's been sent off, Jeff...no idea who it was because I wasn't concentrating. This game is about as flat as my wife's Yorkshire puddings."
Dean Windass on Soccer Saturday.

The Rest

No comments: