Thursday, April 09, 2009

Quotes & Chants of the Week

"I've had a great week - reaching the milestone of one-o-nine and now one-o-10 tonight"
David Beckham describes the joy of receiving his 110th cap for England in his own inimitable way.

"The quote from Iain Dowie was that Alan Shearer had 'big cojones' to take the job. I'm not sure what cojones are, but I think I had them in my burrito last night."
Jeff Stelling has a private moment on Soccer Saturday.

"My missus texted me and said 'Bent's out'. I said; 'Don't worry, they'll call someone else up'. Shearer will be back before me - or Keegan."
Bolton's Kevin Davies looks forward to making his England debut on the day hell freezes over.

"The first thing I'm going to tell him - stop acting like a wuss."
Sprint king Usain Bolt plans to take Cristiano Ronaldo to task over his diving on his visit to Manchester United next month.

"We've got Kazakhstan away and Andorra at home so it's two tough games next."
England captain John Terry.

"You've got a head like a tadpole!"
Sung to Frank Lampard by Pompey fans during Portsmouth-Chelsea.

The Rest

No comments: