Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quotes & Chants of the Week

"If you want me to rule out ever being Manchester United manager, I can't. Special clubs need special managers, so in theory it could work."
The Special One sets his stall out.

"Yes, Manchester United are the best team in England, but you have to ask how good has the Premier League been since I left? If I was at a top club in England I think the title race might have been a lot closer this year."
And he's still as modest as ever.

"Do I feel now, because we've rested players, we'll automatically beat Stoke? Absolutely not. I wish life was like that. God almighty, I'd never get out of bed, just post me the results!"
Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill admits resting players for the Uefa Cup will not guarantee wins in the Premier League. He was right.

"They'll have to write it down on their hands - if we get a corner in the last minute, play it short....I need a beer, a couple of beers...flipping hell."
Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia is a tad miffed about conceding an equaliser to Spurs in the last minute.

"You only live round the corner!"
Spurs fans to Man Utd supporters at Wembley - a surprising amount had southern accents.

"Oooh Bentley...He went to Wemb-er-ly! He missed a penalty!"
Arsenal fans during the FA Youth Cup quarter-final against Tottenham, days after David Bentley missed a spot-kick in the Carling Cup final.

THE REST

No comments: