Friday, May 16, 2008

England: FA Cup Final


As much as I'd I like to, I just can't get excited about this year's FA Cup final. Yes I know it's good that other teams are getting a chance, yes I know it's good that a Championship side is taking part, yes I know it's good Harry is getting his moment of Wembley glory. And yes I know last year's game between two top teams was awful. But for me the FA Cup is as much about the build up before the game as the game itself, and however it's dressed up it's still Cardiff against Portsmouth. But it could be a good game - let's hope so...

Team News:
Portsmouth v Cardiff

Portsmouth's veteran captain aims to do all his talking on the pitch at Wembley
Campbell on the edge

Before Portsmouth's last game of the season at the weekend a trestle table was carefully carried out, sagging under the weight of enough player of the year awards to fill even a pair of mantelpieces
Pompey's players' players relates to Cardiff

Will superstitions bring the FA Cup back to Portsmouth?
Pompey hope for more luck in Cup

Fancy a flutter on the final? Here's the form:
Bluebirds can silence Pompey

As Aaron Ramsey readies himself for the FA Cup final, Dave Jones is trying to do his best by his young star
Cardiff resigned to losing Ramsey

Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin believes a final featuring none of the ‘big four’ is exactly what the FA Cup needed…
Distin Blasts England's Big-Four Obsession

No comments: