Thursday, July 26, 2007

MLS scoring leader nixes Derby County deal

"I did what my heart felt," Johnson said. "The money wasn't a problem. The money was great. But I'm a big believer that when my confidence is high and I'm confident in what I'm doing. Good things are yet to happen for me."

What more do you want? This was an excellent opportunity to play in a team that has just been promoted to one of the top leagues in the world. The chance to get quality minutes and fight for a starting place is not enough for you, Eddie? You want to stay and win an MLS Cup? Whatever.

4 comments:

Alec said...

One day you might have the misfortune to go to Derby, then you'll realise Eddie ain't so dumb.

TS

The Editor said...

I knew you would say that. Think he's holding out for Hull?

Bobbie BS said...

Bottoms, have you been to Kansas City? I rest my case. Eddie Johnson is a moron. He thinks he'll get picked up by Inter or some crap like that because he's hot right now. The last time he was on form like this he signed a huge contract with the league then didn't play well for 2 seasons and got dumped by Dallas. When he's another knackered 28 year old MLS forward he'll look back and regret this.

The Editor said...

He's a moron. I agree with Bobbie.