Thursday, July 26, 2007

Derby? Hell no!!



Okay, so I know nothing about Kansas. But I love BBQ, and of course a bit of ballet is always nice, and I see the sun shines there during the summer, which sure isn't the case in Derby. Today's weather - Derby: rainy 59, Kansas: Sunny 89.

Let's just run thru the Editor's three reasons why Johnson should have gone to Derby:
1. Darley Park - well the park may be great for the annual concert, but for the rest of the year it's great for muggings and buying drugs.
2. Derby, city of Jazz. I must admit this is news to me, but sitting in smoke-filled dark rooms listening to music makes sense when the alternative is being outside, in the city.
3. Ponce in the Park - I'll let this BBC article 'What Went Wrong? Ponce in the Park' do the talking.

Football wise, I see what you're saying, Mr Ed. I think if Johnson had made a trip to the ground, seen the facilities, which are some of the best in the UK, he may have thought about it a bit harder. My guess is he doesn't fancy playing in the Championship next season. If he had some balls he'd have seen it as a chance to put himself in the shop window. A dirty, urine-stained shop window with Jazz being played behind it maybe, but a shop window nonetheless.

8 comments:

The Editor said...

A shop window nonetheless. Even if Derby is certain to return to the Championship, we know that that would not have to be the case with Johnson if he were to play well. Let's see how the rest of his season goes in K.C. Hopefully maintain high form and finally be able to produce it for the national team instead of getting pushed off the pitch.

frkh2o said...

Are there brothers in Derby?

Im just sayin'.....

MOD

Alec said...

Dude, Derby is a city in the UK, not a rural village in Croatia.

The Editor said...

I don't follow. MOD -- what do you mean?

frkh2o said...

I did not say it was a rural village in Croatia. I was bringing up the issue that EJ being a African-American from the south perhaps would consider the issue in a city of 233K that has (according to Wikipedia) around 4K folks of African Descent.

Which is also not to imply it would be less friendly (or more friendly) than any other city in the world but more to the point that this is something that I would guess most African Americans might think think about.
Especially in relation to KC where there's a sizable African American community.

Who knows? Perhaps Eddie could care less. But again if I had to bet it's something that might enter the conversation before say - which town has a better symphony.

Bobbie BS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobbie BS said...

Eddie Johnson is a crappier Michael Ricketts or Malcom Christie or Ade Akinbiye or _______ . He's fast, his touch isn't that good, he produces a ton when the pressure is off (and to his credit he did it when the pressure was on in the US qualifying campaign in '06). I honestly think that he doesn't want the challenge, he'd rather stay in his comfort zone. Think Lando. Either way I think he'd sink like a rock in the Premiership.

The Editor said...

I get it now, MOD. Thanks for the explanation. Maybe he knows he'd sink like a rock in the EPL and he's scared to embarrass himself.