Thursday, December 30, 2010

Quotes of the Year


This year has seen Diego Maradona lead Argentina to the World Cup, Ian Holloway make his debut in the Premier League and Rafael Benitez reinvent himself as a poet.

ESPNsoccernet puts together a selection of some of the year's finest quotes.

"Messi can do some amazing things, but anything he can do Joe can do as well, if not better. I really fancy Joe for the [player of the year] award this season" - Steven Gerrard misplaces his confidence in new Liverpool signing Joe Cole (August)

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn. I would be more suited to Inter or Real Madrid. It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time" - Sam Allardyce talks up his abilities three months before his dismissal at Blackburn (September)

No comments: