Friday, December 03, 2010

The Qatari Celebrate

From our man on the ground in Doha:
The footage is really self explanatory. There are many things I want to say about this country but it is still a very closed society and there are many rules regarding the Qatari. We are forbidden to photograph, touch or speak to them "with loud words". This is very serious and some German's I work for can attest to this. I am currently working in the employ of the government so I think it is smart to wait until I am home to share my thoughts. Please pass this along to Sanford, but I must remain an anonymous source. I know it sounds paranoid, but there is a real cultural change occurring here with the younger generation and this world cup announcement has set the wheels in motion, but the older generation is still in many of the positions of authority. The person who filmed it said he didn't care if it was linked...



Qatar 2022 Bid Celebration from Kyle McDonald on Vimeo.

No comments: