Thursday, November 11, 2010

Joey Barton: Said and Done

Dec 2004 - stubbed a lit cigar into the eye of young team-mate Jamie Tandy during Manchester City's Christmas party. Fined six weeks' wages by City. Forced to pay four weeks' salary - approximately £60,000 - immediately, with a further two weeks suspended for a year.
Barton says: "If I was to do something similar, I'd be the biggest fool ever."

Feb 2007
- wins his first international call-up despite public criticism of the England team's performance at the World Cup and subsequent releases of autobiographies.
Says: "England did nothing in the World Cup, so why are they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals, I played like s**t, here's my book'. Who wants to read that? I don't."

Nov 2010 - caught on camera punching Morten Gamst Pedersen in the stomach during Newcastle's 2-1 defeat against Blackburn, for which he only received a yellow card.

THE REST

No comments: