Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quotes of the Week

"I thought I would either stay with Portsmouth, move to a Premier League club or go to Scotland. In between thinking about all that, there was my wedding to Amanda to organise. Somehow it all converged at a single point, the morning after my stag do. I received a phone call from an unknown number. I don't usually answer those, but I was still drunk and so I picked it up. Much to my astonishment the man on the other end was Steve Coppell." David James reveals the real reason why he joined Bristol City.

"I've got to play him, really, because I met him out shopping with his mum the other day. She was quite a big girl so I've got to play him. I wasn't going to mess with her, believe you me." Mrs Palacios ensures son Wilson is given a rare start by Spurs boss Harry Redknapp.

"People are going to make mistakes and to be a referee I think you have to be a masochist." Michel Platini conjures up images best left to the imagination.

The Rest

No comments: