Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quotes & Chants of the Week

"If I had a cat I'd buy another one so I could kick one and then the other."
The fur flies from Carlisle boss Greg Abbott after seeing his side concede a soft winner to Norwich.

"He made one mistake, that is all, and that was for the penalty. The only other one was for the goal."
Fabio Capello on Rio Ferdinand following England's 1-0 loss to Ukraine.

"No matter how much you're expecting it, it's still unexpected when it comes."
Jason McAteer on Talksport, upon learning that he had just been sacked as assistant manager by Tranmere Rovers.

"After that we had a chat and, I guess he shouldn't have to sell it to me. But I think he should have made some sort of effort to sell it to me."
Stephen Ireland on Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trappatoni and his international future.

"This game never disappoints, but I've been disappointed with the game today."
Charlie Nicholas covering the Old Firm game on Sky Sports.

"We'll be going into added-time soon, I'm sure Alex will tell the fourth official how much soon."
Alan Green on 5 live during the Man Utd-Sunderland game.

"When the City are playing frightful,
We've got our Dutchman so delightful,
And even though he's just on loan,
Evander Sno, Evander Sno, Evander Sno!"
Bristol City fans to the tune of Let It Snow - about the on-loan Ajax midfield maestro.

The Rest


No comments: