Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quotes & Chants of the Week

"When I was keeping goal, I felt like I was defending the gateway to my motherland."
North Korea keeper Ri Myong Guk after the draw with Saudi Arabia that clinched their first World Cup qualification since the memorable campaign of 1966.

"Forget Huckleberry Finn, Moby Dick, Last of the Mohicans, Mickey Mouse and Sleeping Beauty…"
BBC commentator puts the United States' qualification for the semi-finals of the Confederations Cup into historical context.

"If the USA qualify, I'll eat my hat."
BBC commentator Steve Wilson. I look forward to seeing photos of this now!

"One of the world's best defenders trying to play offside there...oh no, its Dossena."
Lee Dixon in the Confederations Cup coverage of Brazil v Italy.

"These Italian players will be a year older in a year's time."
Martin Keown co-commentating on Italy's Confederations Cup game against Egypt.

"This is do-it-yourself stuff from Maicon, with a little help from his friends."
Commentator during Brazil v USA game in South Africa.

THE REST

No comments: