Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fire Coaching Search: John Guppy is an Ass


Chicago Fire President and GM John Guppy seems to have compensation-related issues. He lost his hand picked Head Coach, J.C. Osorio, to the Red Bulls partly because they offered him superior pay, and the counter offer was not enough to keep him. Now after a month of interviews his successor of choice, Houston Dynamo assistant Head Coach john Spencer, has turned down the Fire job because Guppy lowballed him:

"It wasn't much more money than I (was making) here with the Dynamo, and I felt that to move my family to another state and all the upheaval and such, I just didn't think it was worth it, so I turned it down.''

Maybe the Gupster lowballed Spencer because he thought he could bring in Big Sam, but frankly I find that doubtful.

John Spencer turns down offer to coach Fire

1 comment:

The Editor said...

I'm frightened by that photograph, Bobbie.