Monday, November 13, 2006

Sanford's EPL Predictions Results

Not too bad this week. I got seven correct and three incorrect with one perfect score.

As predicted, Manchester City and Newcastle ended up in a scoreless draw while Sheffield United nicked the expected point off of Bolton. Manchester United, Chelsea, and Arsenal all won, as did Wigan and Boro.

I was dead wrong on Spurs at Reading – I thought Tottenham would have a bit more steel than they showed. Meanwhile, perhaps Reading isn’t in the freefall I assumed. And Chris Coleman rallied his troops to pick up a point in Portsmouth – no easy task.

All in all, if there was a shock result of the weekend it was probably Spurs losing at Reading but I’d also have to toss in the ineptitude that Liverpool showed at the Emirates Stadium. Liverpool still has the Champions League to enjoy but on this form I don’t see that enjoyment leading to a replay of 2005. It could be a disastrous year for the Reds. -Sanford

No comments: