Friday, August 04, 2006

McBride going nowhere, insist Cottagers


McBride's proven that even at 34 he can still play and play well in the Premiership. I'd hate to see him sent to the Championship or go elsewhere in the EPL and ride the pine. His best chance to see action is staying right at Fulham (Coleman loves him, as he should) and I'm glad it looks like that's what will happen. When he's on the pitch for the Cottagers, he opens up a lot of space for other players and generally creates loads of problems for defenders. Oh, and he scores goals, as most good forwards do. But one question: Where did you get those pants?? OK, two questions. What are those pants?? -Sanford

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=374693&cc=5901

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I was stunned by the pants but I quickly shifted my focus to the fence. What does it mean? I think that it's a signifier, much like the colored bandana code in the gay subculture. It's clearly a playground fence since it's so low. What is Brian trying to tell us? I think his tells us that he's ready for some action (if the outfit didn't). I think the fence says that he's tough and while he's ready to play it's got to be by his rules.

The Editor said...

His rules indeed!!