Monday, July 17, 2006

Some World Cup Photographs

Here's a link to some pictures I took in Germany:


http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=551668853


I wish I had taken a photo of the Beerman's Skillet once I had polished it all off. That day began early in Hamburg. I took a train (about four hours) to Gelsinkirchen where I got on a tram PACKED with Mexican fans, along with the odd neutral like me and a couple friendly Portuguese. It took 45 minutes to reach the stadium and then another 20 minutes for me to walk around the perimeter fencing to reach my entrance. After the match I avoided the tram by splurging for a cab back to the Gelsinkirchen station. It was a splendid move, if I may say so myself. Anyway, I hopped a train to Koln and found my hotel. And realized I was famished. The Beerman's Skillet saved the day. -Sanford

No comments: